This weekend I have been preparing for a HUGE upcoming week. Here’s the line up…
- Grade upload week: every two weeks we upload our grades (though I usually put mine in as assignments are graded) for a mini grade report. I’ve never had this set-up before (only uploading grades at the midterm and end of term). With that said, I feel like I’m still getting used to the two-week grade schedule. Also, though my use of “electronic gradebooks” has included a few different programs depending on the school I was working at, I’m wondering if there are any user-friendly, not “clunky” freeware versions out there? I’m just being picky, but our grading site was being picky this weekend which made me a bit frustrated!
- NCTE!!! That’s right, headed to Philly this week for the National Convention. I am presenting twice, teaching two “tech talk” sessions, and potentially helping present for a research session. And of course, can’t forget attending as many sessions and learning as much as I can! Talk about BUSY! I’m going to be working/running around everywhere from sun up to sun down (but I think that’s part of the fun 🙂 ) Anyway, I’m very excited and can’t wait!
- Since I’ll be attending/working/learning at NCTE, I have to prepare plans for my substitutes! Now, me being me, I’m very particular about my written instructions. I want to be as clear as I can and have everything ready to go for them. Post-its and color coded folders. Enough said.
- Prepping for a grammar test the Monday after the Convention. I’m handing my students an outline of what they will need to study for the test before I leave. I debated giving a Monday test (hey, I know what it’s like for the students, too!), but want to get the grammar done before Thanksgiving break AND the final exam. I’ve already told them about it, so it’s on their radar which will hopefully help some.
- First basketball game. And I’m missing it. *sigh* It’s tough being pulled in two different directions being a teacher and coach, but I think the girls understand (at least I hope they do).
Anyway, it’s back to last minute things on this Sunday evening to make sure I have everything ready to go! Guess that means I need to get some laundry going too, ha! 🙂
Have a great week everyone!