Happy New Year, everyone! I don’t know about you all, but I’m excited to get back to school…yet sitting here wondering where in the world break went! I feel like I should’ve done so much more than I did, and yet I realized how much I really needed this break. As in unplugged for days, sleeping, and just doing absolutely nothing related to teaching (or coaching for that matter). I can’t be the only one out there who can admit this, right? I think sometimes we all just need a little down time to recharge ourselves!
Anyway, you all know me and my “lists,” so I figured the start of the new year is as good a time as any to put a few thoughts down as I relish the last few days of my break!
- I so wish I could do this. And am determined to! However, I know January is not the month for me (at least when I sit down to look at my color-coded calendar and see the string of basketball games taking over this month I really don’t think this is the month for me, ha!).
- Speaking of coaching, I love sports. LOVE sports. I love playing sports. But still feel I haven’t grown into coaching as of yet. And it’s frustrating. I don’t know, it’s hard to explain, but transition from athlete to coach has been much harder than I thought. Rather transition from English teacher to coach has been a harder factor than I thought, too.
- Another great idea that I so wish I could do! As noted, a part of best utilizing your PLN is to really engage with it…after all that’s how we best push our own thinking too!
- What will education look like in 2020? I have absolutely no idea. No one really can…but it’s exciting to think of the possibilities!
- I’m going to utilize my yellow notebook to the max…but not be hard on myself if I don’t try everything I have written down in there. Now, this doesn’t mean I’m not going to push myself to try lots of stuff in the classroom (because I do try a lot of different things). It just means that I don’t have to do everything all at once! 🙂
- I really need to follow through with my posts and articles. In other words, submit!!! I have tons of drafts sitting here with thoughts that I need to push through…